Post by Siana Blackwood on Oct 8, 2014 18:21:59 GMT -6
NaNoFiMo was first set up by Pookel, a NaNoWriMo participant who imagined a place where everyone could finish their November novels in an encouraging and supportive environment. In 2011 Amy P. Reed set up this new site on ProBoards and it's been here ever since, so here are the rules of NaNoFiMo:
1. Your mission is to finish your NaNoWriMo novel or any other unfinished novel you might happen to have lying around.
2. The official goal is 30,000 words and writing 'the end' on your manuscript.
3. If your novel needs less than 30,000 words (or more!), you can also set your own personal goal. The most important thing is reaching the end.
4. All word-counting is based on the honour system, so when you report your total just tell us what your own word-processor is telling you.
5. Be nice. This is a friendly, all-ages site. No swearing, mature content or aggressive behaviour will be tolerated.
6. No, there won't be Personal Progress Threads. Instead, we have daily reporting. You can check the archives to see what this looks like.
If you have any questions about the rules, ask them in this thread or PM a staff member.
2011: How to Nuke Your Enemies (10,027/10,000) and Despair (70,070/70,000) 2012: The Frozen Tear - 120,236 / 120,000 (90,188 pre-December) 2013: Desolation + other - no official wordcount 2014: Hold the Necrosauce + I don't know what else (38,409 / 30,000) 2015:
rishi: Hey all! I am finding it difficult in editing short stories, so you all know some easy tricks to do editing for short stories?
Dec 5, 2017 22:21:13 GMT -6
J. A. Rama: No tricks, really. You just go through, make a note of anything that jumps out at you as feeling off or wrong, and then go back through and try to fix them. It helps to go with your gut rather than overthink - if it feels wrong, it's wrong.
Dec 8, 2017 23:41:10 GMT -6
J. A. Rama: It'll be difficult at first, but you learn by practicing over and over. Expect earlier attempts to turn out weird.
Dec 8, 2017 23:41:53 GMT -6
rishi: Thanks J.A Rama
Dec 14, 2017 1:09:56 GMT -6